Marshmallow Easter Egg

Going to the grocery store while pregnant can be dangerous, I left the store yesterday not with 1 but 2 bags of mini marshmallows.  Buyers regret stepped in but then I thought I could make a fun Easter craft with them too. So glad I got both bags because my son loved this and I think the Easter egg is adorable. Whenever I do crafts with tempting treats like marshmallows I give my son a number he needs to add to it before he can pop one in his mouth! So we limit gorging and practice counting.

1. Gather your materials. You will need some white and colored mini marshmallows, construction paper, glue and a marker. Marshmallow Easter Egg
  2. Start by drawing an Easter egg on your paper. Marshmallow Easter Egg
  3. Add glue along the line. Marshmallow Easter Egg
  4. Add your white marshmallows along the edge. We did 15 then ate one, 21 then ate one , and 17 and ate one. Yes I did help too. My son said ” Mommy I will share my activity with you and tell daddy we shared.”  Marshmallow Easter Egg
  5. Next ask your child how many stripes they want. I caution you perhaps give them a range, my son said 8 and wouldn’t budge. I ended up doing 3 rows because 8 is a lot for a 3 year old to do. Marshmallow Easter Egg
  6. Add your colored marshmallows. We decided to add a sorting element by saying the lines can be any color, but it must be all one color. So my son was forced to sort the colors when adding them. Worked great! With younger toddlers I’d just let them go for it. Older children can add a patterning lesson in too. Marshmallow Easter Egg
  7. Keep going! Marshmallow Easter Egg
  8. Let dry.

I want to know YOUR favorite Easter books!

Leave a short review of your favorite Easter book in the comments and I will feature it ( and a link to you) in a reader’s favorites section of an upcoming  post.

Comments

Thank you so much for doing this blog. I come every day for great ideas for my four kids. Thanks so much for taking the time to post your great ideas with such great pictures! I really appreciate it.

2. Lexi says

Cute! We’ll totally do this, except we may use icing as “glue” because he’s sure to eat them off the paper when I’m not looking! ;-)
    .-= Lexi´s last blog ..Venting, episode 58,001 =-.

3. Sandi says

Well, now I have to go buy marshmallows!!! So cute!
    .-= Sandi´s last blog ..This Week’s Friday Freebie – Pretty Ballerina =-.

4. Melinda says

Our latest favorite is called the Easter Egg Farm – it’s about a special chicken who lays colored eggs.

Thanks for the great idea! My daughter has been working on ABC patterns and this will be PERFECT for her math lesson next week! I hope I can find them! :)

His egg turned out great. I like Lexi’s idea of using icing as the glue.
    Easter Book- short review! :)
    One of our favorite books to read during the Easter season is The Best Thing About Easter by by Christine Harder Tangvald.
    It shares the things that children naturally enjoy during this time of year such as chocolate bunnies, baby chicks and jellybeans, but it emphasizes the true meaning of Easter. It shares how Jesus’ love is the “best thing about Easter.”

Take Care!
    Jen
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Fairies Galore! =-.

This is a great idea! What a great way to work on counting. An Easter book we really is The Legend of the Easter Egg by Lori Walburg. It explains the meaning of Easter by using Easter eggs. My son really likes it and mostly because the little boy in the story has his name. :-)

8. Terri says

My mum did this with my son this past weekend and used icing as glue and put it all on waxed paper. My son doesn’t really like marshmallows, but I do! I’ll have to save it until at least Sunday!

1. [...] Marshmallow Easter Egg Easter Egg Magnets Easter Egg Yogurt Treats E is for Easter Egg Texture Egg Yarn Easter Egg Easter Egg Waffles Tape Resist Easter Egg Easter Egg Bugs Easter Egg Letter Game Easter Egg Sun Catcher Polka Dot Dyed Eggs Van Gogh Inspired Easter Eggs Bubble Wrap Easter Eggs Roll & Paint with Easter Eggs Dice Game [...]