My son is a wee bit obsessed with emergencies right now, he plays paramedic or firefighter multiple times a day. Every car ride is a ride in a firetruck … well you get the picture. So I decided to use his enthusiasm for first aid at craft time! This is such an easy craft and I think they turned out perfectly ! I love the variation in textures with the smooth band aids and the soft fluffy gauze.
- Gather your materials. You will need some band aids, gauze pads, markers and a piece of construction paper ( or recycled cardboard ! ).
- Start by decorating your butterfly wings ( the gauze) with a marker. We found that dotting the marker works best so the gauze didn’t get all stretched out.
- Open your band aids – this took a while but my son was very proud he did it independently.
- Next pinch the gauze, my son couldn’t do this step.
- Pop the band aids on. We did this step together .
- Add antennae with markers! I was so excited that he did this step, until now he would have had me do it insisting he couldn’t, both of us were proud that he did it with no help.
Need some books?