We try to eat healthy, and during Easter it’s hard with all the candy everywhere! I adore candy and my pregnant willpower is um… not really strong. So when I decided to make some fun treats I wanted at least one of them to be truly healthy. These frozen Easter treats are fantastic and the molds are available at discount retailers like Walmart. So it won’t break your bank either. *This post was written in 2010 but the molds are still available in 2014! I saw them this week at Walmart*
- Gather your materials. You will need a silicone mini cake pan (they still have Easter themed ones at both Target and Walmart in my area), a blender, low fat vanilla yogurt, and frozen or fresh fruit of your choice.
- Pop 2 scoops of the yogurt in (about 3/4 cup) and 1/2 – 3/4 cups of the fruit.
- Freeze (we froze ours for 2 hours and they were perfect. Formed, but not rock hard.) If you freeze them longer just let them thaw for 30 minutes in your fridge before serving them so they are soft enough to eat with a spoon.
- Pop out of the mold and enjoy! These were a huge hit with my son.
Almost Homemade Carrot Cupcakes
- Gather your materials. Grab your favorite carrot cake and cream cheese icing recipes or boxed mix and a tub of icing, orange and green jelly beans. I should note that although I did use a mix I also mixed in 1/4 cup of crushed pineapple and it was very very yummy.
- Bake and cool the cupcakes.
- Ice them and add your jelly beans in the shape of a carrot!
- Eat more than you care to admit and send the rest to your husband’s office.
For more great Valentine’s Day ideas follow me on Facebook!