Easy Frozen Easter Treats

frozen easter treats We try to eat healthy, and during Easter it’s hard with all the candy everywhere!  I adore candy and my pregnant willpower is um… not really strong. So when I decided to make some fun treats I wanted at least one of them to be truly healthy. These frozen Easter treats are fantastic and the molds are available at discount retailers like Walmart. So it won’t break your bank either. * This post was written in 2010 but the molds are still available in 2014! I saw them this week at Walmart*

1. Gather your materials. You will need a silicone mini cake pan ( they still have Easter themed ones at both Target and Walmart in my area), a blender,  low fat vanilla yogurt, and frozen or fresh fruit of your choice.  Easy Easter Treats
  2. Pop 2 scoops of the yogurt in ( about 3/4 cup) and 1/2 – 3/4 cups of the fruit. Easy Easter Treats
  3. Blend Easy Easter Treats
  4. Pour Easy Easter Treats
  5. Freeze ( we froze ours for 2 hours and they were perfect- formed but not rock hard.) If you freeze them longer just let them thaw for 30 minutes  in your fridge before serving them so they are soft enough to eat with a spoon.  Easy Easter Treats
  6. Pop out of the mold and enjoy !  These were a huge hit with my son.  Easy Easter Treats

Almost Homemade Carrot Cupcakes

Easy Easter Treats

1. Gather your materials. Grab your favorite carrot cake and cream cheese icing recipes or boxed mix and a tub of icing, orange and green jelly bellys . I should note that although I did use a mix I also mixed in 1/4 cup of crushed pineapple and it was very very yummy.
  2. Bake and cool your cupcakes.
  3. Ice them and add your jelly beans in the shape of a carrot!Easy Easter Treats
  4. Eat more than you care to admit and send the rest to your husband’s office.

Comments

1. Mary says

“Eat more than you care to admit and send the rest to your husbands office.”
    hahaha, BTDT! :)
    I love the yogurt eggs, great idea!

Pretty much every treat I have made on here and many that were just fun to make and never made it as posts have been sent , I have no off buton when it comes to treats!

I absolutely LOVE the frozen yogurt Easter eggs! I think those would be a hit with my son too! I recently made a healthy bunny fruit snack (using a pear for the body, apples for the ears, etc). I posted about it on my blog a few days ago, if you’re interested. Have a great weekend!
    .-= Cara´s last blog ..Un-baked Cookie Nests =-.

I wish I could make jello jigglers, I swear I am jello challenged, I have never made it successfully.

I’ve been whipping up some treats here too but I’m challenged by not having any molds! Made a gummy/jelly type candy that was very low in sugar by boiling 3 cups of pineapple juice until it reduced to 2 cups then tossing in a pack of no-sugar added pectin (the same amount you normally mix with 4 cups of juice to make jelly). I ended up having to add a little sugar as it was a bit too sour, but it was only 1/4 cup. Poured it into an old 9X9 pan and put in the fridge for a couple of hours – they came out pretty good, not quite as solid as gummies but moreso than jello jigglers.
    I also mixed some popcorn with some fruit flavoured marshmallows, stirred in some warmed peanut butter and honey and rolld into egg shapes. Not quite low sugar, but fairly healthy!

I’m always looking for healthy treats and I love the frozen yogurt eggs!! Can’t wait to try that out with my daughters.

Thanks for sharing!!

I saw your comment about the jello jigglers- not sure why I can’t quite get it right. I think that I might be more successful with the yogurt. I’ve made yogurt smoothies, but I like the idea of a frozen treat- especially with the warm weather. Continue to love your blog and as you can see I visit often! :)
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..An "Eggcellent" Science Experiment! =-.

I’m the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your Easter treat project! You can see it here:

If you have other kid friendly crafts, we’d love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!