We try to eat healthy, and during Easter it’s hard with all the candy everywhere! I adore candy and my pregnant will power is um… not really strong. So when I decided to make some fun treats I wanted at least one of them to be truly healthy! The other could be if I had made it from scratch but I didn’t- but you can ! Either way they are both super simple and very very tasty!
- Gather your materials. Grab your favorite carrot cake and cream cheese icing recipes or boxed mix and a tub of icing, orange and green jelly bellys . I should note that although I did use a mix I also mixed in 1/4 cup of crushed pineapple and it was very very yummy.
- Bake and cool your cupcakes.
- Ice them and add your jelly beans in the shape of a carrot!
- Eat more than you care to admit and send the rest to your husband’s office.
Frozen Yogurt Eggs
- Gather your materials. You will need a silicone mini cake pan ( they still have Easter themed ones at both Target and Walmart in my area), a blender, low fat vanilla yogurt, and frozen or fresh fruit of your choice.
- Pop 2 scoops of the yogurt in ( about 3/4 cup) and 1/2 – 3/4 cups of the fruit.
- Freeze ( we froze ours for 2 hours and they were perfect- formed but not rock hard.) If you freeze them longer just let them thaw for 30 minutes in your fridge before serving them so they are soft enough to eat with a spoon.
- Pop out of the mold and enjoy ! These were a huge hit with my son.