This glue tracing activity saved my sanity and worked on my son’s pre-writing skills. My son loves glue and I fell in love with this post over at Play Activities - yesterday while trying to keep my sanity with a newborn who wouldn’t sleep and a 3 year old who only wanted to play soccer… in the living room, I busted it out. Simple, fun and you can let it dry and use the sheets again. My son really loved it ( thank goodness), oh and it works their fine motor and hand eye coordination too!
- Gather your materials. You will need some paper ( heavy is better so the glue won’t seep through if they use a little too much), a marker and glue.
- Start by writing letters , making shapes , numbers or even just designs.
- Hand them the glue and have them trace.
- If it’s too tricky grab some new paper and make the letters larger.
- Let dry and trace and feel them with your fingers!