Some 4 year olds love video games, some love playing catch , mine loves to pretend. Almost every moment that my son is awake he is pretending to save someone , catch someone or just be someone, Lately one of his favorite things to pretend to be is a super hero and so when I asked him what letter we should make he suggested Batman and when I suggested he could make his own super hero S he was game.
- Gather your materials. You will need 3 pieces of different color paper, paint, paint brush, marker, scissors, glue and 2 googly eyes.
- Start by writing a large upper or lowercase S on one sheet of the construction paper.
- Ask your child what their super hero has as a costume. We made a cape, a chest button and mask. Draw them or have your child draw them on a light piece of paper.
- Paint the costume pieces.
- We goofed and added the letter to the chest plate after painting. Have your kids do this before they paint .
- Cut out the s while they paint, or if your child is able and willing have them cut it while it dries. Mine wasn’t.
- Add glue. My son loves tracing the letters with glue which is wonderful letter practice too.
- Add the s to the final sheet of paper. Paint if the mood strikes!
- Cut out the costume pieces and add them to the s.
- Add the googly eyes on top of the mask.
- Let dry.
Remember that kids learn as they play. By using their favorite playtime activities for the more directed activities that focus on things like numbers and letters you enhance both their play and their learning . Have fun with it!