Easter Relief Painting

I love Easter crafts and we usually make a ton for weeks before the holiday but this is our first Easter activity this year.  We were both so excited with how easy it was to make and how beautiful it turned out to be .  All week I will have even more Easter egg crafts over on FamilyEducation.com .

1. Gather your materials. You will need a canvas ( the tape pulls off it like a dream! ), a roller sponge brush, painters tape, scissors, a plate, and paint.
  2. Start by making a frame in tape. Press hard.
  3. Now make the outline of the egg.  I did these steps, elementary aged kids should be encouraged to try though.
  4. Invite your child to come add the flair! Rip small pieces of painters tape and press them onto the canvas inside the egg.
  5. The ripping is fun and great for fine motor skills.
  6. When they have added all the tape pour some paint on the plate and roll!
  7. Add new colors as the mood strikes!
  8. Get the edges too.
  9. Set aside to dry.
  10. When dry pull the tape off.

Comments

1. Melissa Brown says

Love this idea!!!! We were looking for Easter crafts for Sunday School! This would be awesome for next year since we are out of time to get supplies. But we might try this at home!

2. Blessings! says

I love this craft idea! Thanks so much for sharing. We did it this morning and ate breakfast while it dried most of the way. Rather than tape speks we put hollow hearts in the egg/tumb representing the love of our Teacher. *smile* Thanks for the jump start to this craft as I really really like the conversation that it provoked as well as what ours turned out looking like. *smile* They are dry and hung up in our family room already. *big smile* Grow with Him and thanks again for sharing so many fund ideas here! Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

Beautiful idea <3 I love it. My youngest would really enjoy creating them…thanks for posting.

Kelly
    Themysticalkingdom.blogspot.com

Love this and posted about it on our site today with a link back to your blog. Seriously such a cute project (process wise and end product wise too). We are going to try out our own version later this week!

Love this. Found it from Toddler approved site and she did a bunny. I don’t know if I could manage an oval out of tape. :) How long did it take to dry and did you use just regular washable paint on the canvas?

Didn’t take long to dry at all – helps if you use a sponge type paint brush since globs of paint are fewer to come by that way. Crayola kids paint!

6. Sarah says

This is a great idea! I used the masking tape technique on a pumpkin, to make a jack-o-lantern, when my son was 18 months and he loved it!