I love Easter crafts and we usually make a ton for weeks before the holiday. But this is our first Easter activity this year. We decided to do an Easter painting activity and were so excited with how easy it was to make and how beautiful it turned out to be. All week I will have even more Easter egg crafts over on FamilyEducation.com .
- Gather your materials. You will need a canvas (the tape pulls off it like a dream!), a roller sponge brush, painters tape, scissors, a plate, and paint.
- Start by making a frame in tape. Press hard.
- Now make the outline of the egg. I did these steps, elementary aged kids should be encouraged to try though.
- Invite your child to come and add to the flair! Rip small pieces of painters tape and press them onto the canvas inside the egg.
- The ripping is fun and great for fine motor skills.
- When they have added all the tape pour some paint on the plate and roll!
- Add new colors as the mood strikes!
- Get the edges too.
- Set aside to dry.
- When dry pull the tape off.
For more fun Easter activities, make sure to follow me on Facebook!