I stand by that title, this really is the easy and cheap too, but still a super cute 4th of July craft . We used felt but you could use fabric if you have it on hand. My son was busy playing knights with his grandparents visiting from Texas but I think he could have made this with me. It’s a great patterning lesson, though I would guess most 5 and under would tire of it after a few minutes so make this a group endeavor if need be.
- Gather your materials. You will need a paper plate, scissors, and three sheets of felt in red, white and blue.
- Cut your felt into strips ours were about 8 inches long.
- Cut the middle out of your paper plate.
- Start tying – doing a simple double knot.
- Continue the pattern all the way around.