I bought these pumpkins at the dollar store with every intention of decoupaging them and adding sparkle but my son vetoed that. I still wanted to make an easy Halloween craft so I quickly looked around the playroom for an idea. That’s when I saw the hammers on the floor, the buttons on the counter and I was pretty sure I had nails too. I am so glad I didn’t press for them to do my original idea, both kids had a lot of fun pinning, hammering as well as pressing the nails in and my upstairs hallway have two very adorable pumpkins in it now.
- Gather your materials. You will need a foam pumpkin ( at Dollar Tree right now) , some nails, craft buttons and some hammers.
- Place your buttons ( I held them for my daughter for the first nail) my son did his own.
- Place a nail in the button hole and press it just far enough to hold and then hammer!
- The hammer was ok but both kids also pushed the nails in with their fingers.
- Keep going making faces, or simple designs. My son added nails without any buttons for hair and my daughter methodically placed nails in each hole.
Check out these great Halloween picture books for kids.The craft buttons were provided for us by craftprojectideas.com.