- Gather your materials. You will need 1 large piece of paper or wraping paper ( using the reverse), 3 pieces of contruction paper in 3 colors, scissors, glue and a marker. You can also use crayons, paint or markers to decorate the shapes.
- Cut out 3 large shapes. You can do more for older children and less for children just learing their shapes.
- Cut our a bunch of small shapes that match your larger ones. Here is where I messed up, I should have only used the same color paper for each shape , but with older children feel free to make is harder and even have them cut out their own shapes.
- Glue your large shapes onto the big piece of paper.
- Start by giving your child just a few shapes and seeing if they know where to put them. You may have to help, that’s fine this activity needs a lot of parental involvement ( so no dishes or making dinner while you do this one ! ) . Once they figure it out, hand them the glue.
- Keep going!It took my little man a few times but he started getting it after a few minutes.
- Hang it up and try to find shapes around your house that match too!
Sittin’ on a fence post chomping on my gum,
chomp chomp chomp,
Playing with my yo yo ,
When a long came Herman the worm,
and he was shaped like this__( hold up a shape)__
And I said ” Herman what happened?”
And he said I ate a ___( name the shape)____
Do with as many or as few shapes as you please !