Have fun exploring the letter O for letter of the week and the subject of octopuses with this simple craft.
- Gather your materials. You will need some construction paper, some paint , crayons or markers, scissors, glue and some tissue paper, or ribbon for the tentacles.
- Draw a big FAT O, it needs to be fat so when you cut it out it is strong enough .
- Have your child paint / color the O. Ask them about the letter while they do this or if they are younger you can name it a few times and see if they will mimic you. We are using paint dobbers, they dry fast and are not very messy.
- While your child is painting cut our 8-10 ( some may rip) tentacles, we are using tissue paper but ribbon or regular construction paper would do in a pinch.
- Cut out the O.
- Put 8 dots of glue on the back side of the O.
- Glue on the tentacles.
- Let dry!