This craft was super easy to do and really quite pretty in person. It uses materials from your recycling bin and scrap paper box and gives you a chance to chat about Earth Day with your artist as they create.
- Gather your materials. You will need a cereal box or other easy to cut cardboard from your recycling bin, green markers, blue scrap paper, glue and a hole punch.
- Start by cutting out a circle from your cardboard.
- Next cut your scrap paper into strips and fold over – this will make punching the holes go much faster, although as you will see little hands have a hard time with doubled paper. I punched out 2 strips while he did the next step , then he had his turn.
- Color. We colored ours green because we had blue scrap paper , you can switch the colors based on what materials you have and punch green instead of blue.
- Empty out the holes ( this was his favorite part ?!)
- Add glue
- Spread it .
- Add the holes.
- Let dry. Easy peasy, earth friendly and fun!
Tomorrow we are going to plant some seeds in baby food jars we have saved, what are you doing to celebrate Earth Day?