This Earth Day craft was super easy to do and really quite pretty in person. It uses materials from your recycling bin and scrap paper box and gives you a chance to chat about Earth Day with your artist as they create.
- Gather your materials. You will need a cereal box or other easy to cut cardboard from your recycling bin, green markers, blue scrap paper, glue and a hole punch.
- Start by cutting out a circle from your cardboard.
- Next cut your scrap paper into strips and fold over – this will make punching the holes go much faster, although as you will see little hands have a hard time with doubled paper. I punched out 2 strips while he did the next step , then he had his turn.
- Color. We colored ours green because we had blue scrap paper , you can switch the colors based on what materials you have and punch green instead of blue.
- Empty out the holes ( this was his favorite part ?!)
- Add glue
- Spread it .
- Add the holes.
- Let dry. Easy peasy, earth friendly and fun!
Tomorrow we are going to plant some seeds in baby food jars we have saved, what are you doing to celebrate Earth Day?
butterfly wishes and wonderland dreams says
cute craft we’ve been doing a lot of earth day stuff also http://lettersnumbersandbooksohmy.blogspot.com/search/label/Earth%20day%20books%20and%20activities
@momstownca Ann-Marie says
Great idea – love the hole punch idea! We did a kinda similar Earth from the cardboard circle from a frozen pizza (recycling!)
Happy Earth Day!
I just commented – I really like it!
You’ve been awarded!
I LOVE crafts from recycled materials!!
What a fun project!
We had a few project ideas to reuse paper scraps as well. Check them out on our Out of Office blog: http://www.outofoffice.fedex.mediacdt.com/blog/recycle-reuse-repurpose
Happy Earth Day!
Lisa Marie Mary says
What an awesome project! I love craft projects from scrap materials, there’s just something so addictive about it for me. I’m always driving my husband crazy with tubes (paper & toilet paper) and cardboard pieces, etc. I have a tube on my bookshelf staring at me right now and it’s from the foil and it’s really strong and sturdy. I can’t wait to make something out of it – when I decide what! LOL
Your earth project is definitely way too cute and your son is adorable. I love his face in the ‘adding the glue’ pic! Sweet!
Cindy deRosier says
I’m the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your globe project! You can see it here:
If you have other kid friendly crafts, we’d love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!