- Gather your materials. You will need an egg carton, any size will work. Some paint and a brush,scissors, 4 pipe cleaners and something to protect your table. Painting such a small thing means lots of mess! * You may want to get some googly eyes for older children but I discourage you using them for toddlers, they love popping them in their mouths and those suckers are sharp when bitten and a choking hazard.
- Cut your carton so you have just one little section.
- Paint it, and let dry completely.
- Make 4 small holes with sharp scissors on each side of the carton, and feed pipe cleaners through.
- Glue on googly eyes or for younger toddlers you can draw them on with a marker as long as the paint is completely dry.
* Now 2 days after making this spider my son who is 15 months old is in LOVE with his spider. I really thought this activity would be more of one about painting for him, but he has been carrying this spider around and to the dinner table now for a day and a half!
” The Very Busy Spider” by Eric Carle
” The Itsy Bitsy Spider” by Taggies
Oh, this is perfect. I have my own little arachnophile right now, and I bet he’d love this. Though it may become an octopus if I can’t find blue/black/brown pipecleaners in the closet. I’ll have to remember this one for our next rainy weekend.
.-= Sam´s last blog ..Review- Chicky Chicky Chook Chook =-.