- Gather your materials. You will need some construction paper, markers, scissors and glue. That’s it!
- Draw some shape toppings , with younger children stay simple, with older ones the sky is the limit. Don’t forget one big circle for the crust.
- Color the toppings- wait to cut them out, the small pieces are too hard to color for little guys.
- Color the crust!
- While your child is coloring the crust , cut the toppings out.
- Grab your glue and start putting those toppings on.
- Remember throughout the activity to talk about shapes, colors and all that other fun stuff. As always if that is interfering with your child’s creativity, chill they are learning by doing we don’t always have to be “teaching” !
The Princess and the Pizza Mary Jane and Herm Auch is a really cute retelling of the classic Princess and the Pea. They have modernized it and made it a little more feminist in the process, exactly my kind of book. The text is a little long for toddlers, but my son sat through about half before wanting to go back and look at the illustration of the horse on the first page. The message is sweet, saying that a woman doesn’t need a man or marriage to attain her goals! Beware though it will make you crave pizza! A perfect pairing with a pizza craft!