- Gather your materials. This is such fun, and it is an easy project too. All you NEED is something to write with, some paper and scissors. After that grabs anything you have on hand to decorate, paint, sequins, pipe cleaners, sparkles- anything goes!
- Fold your paper lengthwise, so the fold is on the bottom.
- Write your name in cursive handwriting ( This is a great way to get your kids to practice too, I had an after-school group doing these with all sorts of words not just their names.)
- Cut out around your name.
- Open up and see the outline of your bug ( or alien, or butterfly or monster… go with whatever appeals to your child the most).
- Get decorating!
* You can also have older siblings write their preschool or toddler aged siblings names and have the little guys do the decorating! Cooperative projects have long been shown to foster a better relationship between children, even if it doesn’t always seem to be working that way!