- Gather your materials. You will need 1 paper towel or 2 toilet paper rolls, some markers , sparkle paint, scissors and ribbon.
- Start by decorating your rolls with markers.
- Use multiple colors and keep going and going until your child announces they are done, this may be 30 seconds or 10 minutes, depending on the day. Don’t worry that’s normal for little ones.
- Add the glitter- I am using glitter paint, but glue and glitter would work too, just make sure it’s completely dry before the next step.
- Cut the rolls into small rings.
- Before you start threading the rings onto your ribbon , make a bog loop that the rings can’t slip over so when your child is threading them on they don’t slip off. If your ribbon is too small for this step grab some tape and tape one end to your table instead.
- Start threading. Now for toddlers this could be frustrating so you may need to help them, I had to show my son a few times and then he had fun putting the rings on and off by himself.
- The tricky part was convincing him to put it on.
So glad I found your site. All of these ideas are awesome!!
Yellow Fence says
I love his “cheese” smile in the last picture. Just wanted to say Hi and that I love your blog.
Tanya (jorydn's mama) says
Brilliant! This goes perfectly w/ our “J” week, too (jewelry). My girly 20 month old is gonna love this; after all, it combines her two faves right now — creating art and playing dress up.
Thank you so much, I am glad you like what we do. I love doing all these activities and sharing them.
That face is half “cheese” and half ” get this off me now!” He loved making the necklace and keeps grabbing it today and giving it to me to wear but wasn’t so into wearing it himself!
What a cute idea! And I just love his face in that last shot- too cute!!
I will have to try this with my son. Cute idea and I love your site!
Tina @ Ride On Toys says
What a great idea for toddlers. I make my own jewelry and have been looking for a project for my granddaughter that doesn’t involve small beads – this is perfect!
.-= Tina @ Ride On Toys´s last blog ..The Power Wheels Lil Quad â€“ Safe And Easy To Use For Your Toddlers =-.
beth Cauffman says
Your blog and your postings are such a blessing to my two toddlers.
Thank for all of your work.
We just did this and while my 18 month old daughter loves using glitter and loves necklaces she was also iffy about wearing it for very long. She enjoyed it for a while but we might try it with fancy paper or something even sparklier than painted toilet paper roll 🙂
Very cute! This is awesome and perfect for the kids! I really loved the materials you put to complete features of this baby bling. We did a toilet paper roll snake project out of the same materials you used. You should check it out! 🙂
EarlyLearning.Momtusted.com: Toilet Paper Roll Snake Project
Grandma L says
Great ideas to entertain and teach our little ones. Much appreciated by this babysitting grandma.
Allison McDonald says
Glad I can help!