I’m trying to desensitize my easy to burst into tears toddler to the scarier side of Halloween so today our craft is a fun friendly ghost. I decided to make it a fun collage with rough and soft materials so even if you don’t participate in Halloween you can simply do a collage with opposing textures !
- Gather your materials. You will need 2 pieces of construction paper, some black foam ( although paper would work fine too) , some cotton balls, some party streamers, crayons, scissors and glue.
- Pull the cotton balls apart into smaller pieces, and cut the streamer into small squares.
- Draw a basic outline of a ghost. If your child can draw it have them do it.
- Add glue start collaging! Talk about how soft the cotton balls are and how rough the paper feels. Let dry.
- While your child is collaging , cut out 2 eyes and mouth from the foam sheet. I like using foam because it will retain it’s shape on top of the other materials.
- Glue those on. My son wanted nothing to do with them until they looked like eyes and a mouth on the ghost, then he wanted to help tap them in place!
- Have your child decorate the other piece of paper, we are using the Halloween recycled crayon we made a few weeks ago.
- Cut out the ghost and glue it on the backing!
- All done!
Thanks for sharing!
We made this last week and loved it. Great idea! Thanks!
We made these with a little variation this morning and the kids loved them… and I loved how easy they were to do with not too much adult help. Thanks for the great idea!!