- Gather your materials. You will need pine cones, paint, a green pipe cleaner, and a hot glue gun.
- Start by mixing red and yellow together to make orange paint. This craft uses a lot of paint so we took this opportunity to have a color lesson and my son loves to mix paint.
- My plan was to use a paint brush but my son found that rolling the pine cones was faster and better than a brush. So roll!
- Let the pine cones dry.
- This is the parent part of the craft. I used a ton of hot glue! Lay out the first level and then glue together.
- Add another layer or two, filling in the gaps.
- When you are happy that it looks like a pumpkin, then twist the pipe cleaner to look like a stem and glue it in.
- Try not to hurt your husband when you ask him if he knows what it is and he replies “Cute Grapes!”.
I had a grand idea and while the pinecone pumpkin craft didn’t turn out the way I envisioned, it was still fun to make with my son and I will share it here.
Like this post? Share it with a friend!