- Gather your materials. You will need 3 pieces of white paper, 1 blue, 1 red , markers, glue, scissors , a star paper punch and a gift wrap roll.
- Start by having your child use blue and red markers to color the pole. If they are older they can write words like “vote” “America” “election” etc… on it. My son loved this step so much it’s all he did!
- While they do this you do the craft, oh wait that was just us. While they color you can cut out the paper shapes, if they are older have them help or do this all on their own. You will need 4 short and 4 long red stripes , one blue square ( well it’s really a fat rectangle..), and a whole bunch of white stars. My son took a break from coloring to try the paper punch.
- Start by gluing the blue section on.
- Add the stripes
- Add the stars
- Check on my son who is still coloring the pole , and a little bit of my kitchen table.
- Let dry
- Using the last piece of white paper – write a message. Campaign if you want , or just write something like we did ” Vote Today!!”
- Glue that to the back of the flag, add some clear tape for stability.
- Glue the flag to the pole
- Get your message out, be heard!
I am not sure how many of my readers know but I am Canadian living in the US, so I am unable to vote in this American election. However I can still remind all of you who are able to get out, get in line and VOTE! Today we made a fun flag, well I made most of it, my son was taken with coloring the pole which was fine too. We are going to take it around town today to remind all of those who can vote, to have their say!
Like this post? Share it with a friend!