Letter Of The Week is back! My goal with these activities is to have fun while introducing letters, research suggests that parents and teachers need to make sure that letters are taught in context! So don’t worry about following some list, follow your child! Provide a print rich environment, point out various letters throughout the day, and capitalize on their interests , if they are enjoying themselves it will stick! I chose to start with W because it’s my son’s favorite letter and the day we did it we were snowed in!
- Gather your materials. You will need 1 piece of blue construction paper, 2 pieces of white paper, a white crayon, glue, scissors and some white pom poms.
- Draw a large W on your blue construction paper.
- Have your child color the W with the white crayon. We opened the blinds to look at the snow for some inspiration!
- While your child is coloring, cut out some small snowflakes. If they are able have your child do this step!
- When they are done coloring, add some glue.
- Add the snowflakes.
- Add some “snowballs” – pom poms!
- Let dry.
- Cut out and glue or tape onto the 2nd white paper.