Making heart shaped pizza is the perfect cooking activity for young kids! It doesn’t require you to be near a hot stove and they are practically a shoe-in, even for picky eaters. My son has recently started picking everything except meat and cheese off his pizza so I blend carrots and peppers into the sauce. Mama always wins! Also using tortillas makes it easy to shape the crust into a heart.
Heart Shaped Pizza for Valentine’s Day
- Gather your materials. You will need a pan, oven, tortillas, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella, kitchen shears, and a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Start by folding your tortilla in half and cutting it into a heart.
- Next, using the cookie cutter, make your heart shaped pepperoni. You could do this with a host of other toppings as well.
- Time to gather the kiddos! Mine was a little hungry after his nap and decided to taste test the crust.
- Spread the sauce on your heart shaped crust.
- Add the cheese. I am not sure if he is putting it on or taking it off in this picture. Shred much more than you need if your little chef is a fan of cheese!
- Add the pepperoni! My son insisted the hearts were eyes, so we made a mouth too.
- Bake- I baked our heart shaped pizza at 400* for about 10 minutes, checking on it often.Do you do something special for or with your kids on Valentine’s Day? Tell us about it in the comment section!