I made peppermint bark at Christmas and was amazed at how easy and tasty it was, so while at the grocery store I thought why not try with cinnamon hearts? This recipe is my take on Valentine’s Day bark.
Cinnamon Heart Valentine’s Day Bark
- Gather your materials. You will need a package of chocolate chips; I used milk, but semi-sweet or dark would have been a nice balance. A package of white chocolate chips, some cinnamon hearts or candies ( can you believe no one in my town had hearts?), a Ziploc , a pan lined with wax paper, some butter and a hammer.
- Put the cinnamon candies in the Ziploc and hammer them into little pieces, if I had had hearts, I would have crushed 1/2 and kept the other half whole.
- Melt your chocolate chips – I always use my microwave, but they recommend a double boiler for better results. I pop in about 1/2 a tablespoon of butter to help make the chocolate spread easier.
- Spread the chocolate in the pan- pop in the freezer for a few minutes to help it set.
- Repeat the process with your white chocolate but add the crushed candies before putting it all in the freezer.
- Finally, break into pieces!