I made peppermint bark at Christmas and was amazed at how easy and tasty it was, so while at the grocery store I thought why not try with cinnamon hearts? This recipe is my take on Valentine’s Day bark.
Cinnamon Heart Valentine’s Day Bark
- Gather your materials. You will need a package of chocolate chips; I used milk, but semi-sweet or dark would have been a nice balance. A package of white chocolate chips, some cinnamon hearts or candies ( can you believe no one in my town had hearts?), a Ziploc , a pan lined with wax paper, some butter and a hammer.
- Put the cinnamon candies in the Ziploc and hammer them into little pieces, if I had had hearts, I would have crushed 1/2 and kept the other half whole.
- Melt your chocolate chips – I always use my microwave, but they recommend a double boiler for better results. I pop in about 1/2 a tablespoon of butter to help make the chocolate spread easier.
- Spread the chocolate in the pan- pop in the freezer for a few minutes to help it set.
- Repeat the process with your white chocolate but add the crushed candies before putting it all in the freezer.
- Finally, break into pieces!
This bark looks wonderful! I can’t wait to try your heart bouquet idea and your boat shape collage idea as well. What would I do without your blog??!! Love it!!
looks very good!
Pink & Green Mama says
Yummy! I can’t wait to try this one, thanks so much for sharing. Love your Eric Carle Collage post as well! : )
Wow – that looks yummy!
I am going to have to make this for my family for Vday!! It looks great.
Central has ’em! 🙂 The hearts are in the bulk foods section with the Valentine candy…I just bought some tonight! 🙂
Sarah – That is where I was and they had none, I guess I was too early. I need to stay clear of the bulk candy 🙂 I love their holiday mixes, my downfall for sure!
I made this today…yummy! Thanks for the idea!
I have such great memories of making bark when my son was this age. What a wonderful gift idea for little ones!
Am wondering if you could let me know the amount of peppermint you used in your peppermint bark. I was going to copy it, and didn’t. Thank you.
Ooh, this sounds really good! I love peppermint bark and also love cinnamon. Never thought of putting them together. Can’t wait to try this. Thank you!
Just curious — the white chocolate looks thicker than the brown chocolate in your last photo. Did you double the amount of white chocolate? It all looks so good!
This was a while ago but I think the chocolate just wasn’t spread as evenly and so some pieces were thicker with milk , some with white. I do know that we ate it all ( with the help of my sister) in about 2 hours!