This is a super easy St. Patrick’s Day craft that also reinforces colors and shapes. My son had the time of his life with the “gooey goop” ( glitter glue) and ran to the door with this is hand when my husband got him this evening. That is one of the best parts of making things with him, seeing how it develops pride and confidence!
- Gather your materials. You will need 2 pieces of construction paper, green crayons, glue, glitter glue , glue, and scissors.
- Start by drawing 4 hearts and one rectangle on one page of construction paper.
- Have your child color the shapes with the green crayons. We talked briefly about all the different shades of green he was using but we didn’t get too deep into it.
- When they are done coloring ,hand them the 2nd page of paper and let them decorate it with the glitter glue.
- While they do that cut out the shapes
- Hand them the regular glue , remind them to glue on the paper not their hands.
- Glue on the shapes and let dry. * My son needed help to make all the points of the hearts “kiss” the rectangle, but once I explained it like that he got it !