Peek – A- Boo – Eggs !
How cute are these peek-a-boo eggs? If you think these are cute you are going to be falling all over yourself at the photos on Katherine Marie Photography’s site. Wow. Beautiful and she is crafty too. To see more of this adorable spring craft, pop over to her site Katherine Marie Photography. Here is how we tried (tried is the word to focus on) to recreate them.
- Gather your materials. You will need some cardboard, paint, glue, paper in yellow for the chick, and pastels for the dots, a paper fastener, marker, scissors, a feather, googly eyes or buttons, and some tape.
- Start by drawing an egg on the cardboard with a zig zag break in it.
- Have your child paint this. Try to stick with light colors. We used pretty dark ones and it made our egg look more dinosaur than Easter. Let dry.
- While they are painting, draw a simple chick on the yellow paper.
- Add eyes, a beak, and, of course, a feather – I taped the feather on.
- Cut out small circles for decorating the egg. I used scrap card stock.
- When the egg is dry, then cut out.
- Add your glue for the cardstock dots.
- Add the dots, and then let dry.
- Poke holes in both the top and bottom egg shells and thread the fastener through.
- Add your chick. Again, I used tape.
Thanks to Katherine Marie for sharing this wonderful peek-a-boo eggs craft!