So this was not quite what I imagined in my perfectly optimistic head, but my son liked it, after doing it we were reading a book that had trees in it and he said “Look mama, T for Tree!” I wanted to make it from mostly recycled materials, to stick with the Earth Day theme we will be doing all week. Below I have linked a reader submitted spring tree craft that would be a great add on to this activity!
- Gather your materials. You will need a cardboard egg carton, green and brown paint, glue, scissors, a marker and a large piece of construction paper.
- Start by drawing a large T on your paper.
- Cut a long piece of the cardboard off the top of the egg carton for the trunk.
- Paint the trunk brown
- Paint the bottom of the egg carton green, for older kids I would cut them before painting, but little guys need to have a larger object to paint.
- Let the paint dry.
- When the paint is dry enough to handle cut the egg carton into “Leaves” aka smaller pieces.
- grab the glue and add glue to the bottom of the T
- Add the painted trunk
- Add glue to the top
- Add the egg carton leaves.
- Let dry.
“Up , Up, Down” by Robert Munsch is a cute and funny story about a little girl who climbs and climbs and falls and falls! She decides to climb to the very top of the tree. This time she doesn’t fall and doesn’t come down until it’s time to lecture her parents withe their own words. Kids love this book, it’s silly , it’s about climbing and has giant band aids in it, what kid wouldn’t love it?
Sent In By You
Isn’t this beautiful?
Bring a little of the outdoors in , and reuse bubble wrap with this adorable spring bud craft !
Pop over to The Entertaining House for the full how to.