- Gather your materials. You will need some milk carton plugs, hot glue gun, hot glue, seed beads, and a small dish that won’t stick to the glue. I used a 2nd dish for the ring to cool in but that was just my preference.
- Pour a mixture of seed beads into a small dish. You don’t want to use too big a dish because you want the beads to be close together .
- Turn the plug inside out , so when you slide it on your finger the solid part stands up against your finger.
- Add hot glue to the solid part that will be facing out. You want a lot of glue.
- Quickly dip it into the beads, gently press it into them.
- Let dry! It’s that easy. Just remember to let it dry completely before wearing it.
This is not a craft for little hands, although my son enjoys playing dress up with this ring. We are a 3 types of milk family so these little plugs accumulate quickly. I had my beads out for another craft when I thought, hmm maybe I could do this… and it worked. These little rings really hold up well and I am so pleased I finally have something to do with them.
Like this post? Share it with a friend!
[…] juice carton pull tabs.Â I had been saving them ever since I saw an idea for using them at No Time For Flashcards. For our rings I gave the children some permanent markers (Brave, I know.) and let them color the […]
[…] Milk Carton Plug Ring – this makes me laugh, No Time for Flash Cards […]
[…] Milk Carton Plug Ring â€“ this makes me laugh, from No Time for Flash Cards […]
[…] Love Bomb Recycled Vase Napkin Rings Toddler Made Recycled Necklace Newspaper and Button Flowers Milk Plug Ring Recycled Paper […]
[…] Oh and last but Â not least.. don’t forget those “milk plugs”.. perfect for RING MAKING! […]
You are so clever! I wish I had your imagination.
how stinkin adorable!
check this out, Shae singing
Mrs. Lindblom says
One word -Beautiful.
Andrea (ace1028) says
That is too cool! What a creative idea! If I had a glue gun I might give it a go, but I'll live vicariously through you and your craftiness!
My 7yo is ring obsessed (she just made a bunch with beads and elastic bands). I'll have to share this with her, though our milk doesn't have pull tabs (have to go buy some now).
you're just so creative and come up with the most unique ideas! 🙂
Hig-Quality Mothering says
Georgine said it all, except this: I wish you were MY mommy!
I have recommended your blog to many friends that care about their child's education…
this is cool we have a lot of those carton plugs too and with 4 girls in the house who love dress up these will be perfect!!
So cute. Great quick craft idea.
.-= Maria´s last blog ..Monochrome Weekend =-.
I seriously want to hug you sideways and upside-down for your creativity! Huge smiles for the start of my day! Now, I have to go trashcan diving!
I have been looking for a ring use for these things forever! I have been saving them since I caught my youngest wearing one from an orange juice carton and thought, “She’s a GENIUS”.
Thanks so much for sharing this. I’ve actually used those rings a few times but all I did was draw designs with Sharpies. This is so much prettier!
This is super cute! I will definitely give this a try!
Amy @ Are We There Yet? says
I throw these away all the time. Cute idea!!