The Giveaway – you give away!
No Time For Flash Cards doesn’t usually do giveaways, we stick to our crafts and books and silly songs most of the time, but sometimes you have an opportunity to help and you simply can’t say no. When I was approached to help spread the word about Office Max’s ” A Day Made Better” I didn’t even look at my schedule, I just said yes. As a former teacher I know how important this issue is. We simply don’t value our public school teachers near enough and it’s time to show them we care, this campaign is a great way to do that.
OfficeMax joined with Adopt-A-Classroom to create “A Day Made Better” – a national cause event founded to erase teacher-funded classrooms. “A Day Made Better” will be held on October 6th and 1,000 teachers will be surprised in their classrooms each with $1,000 worth of essential supplies from OfficeMax. That’s more than one million dollars donated to help teachers! Principals at needy schools nominated the teachers for demonstrating dedication, innovation, and passion.
To pay-it-forward, OfficeMax and Mom It Forward have teamed up to create awareness about the issue of teacher-funded classrooms and to give you the opportunity to get involved and help a teacher in your community on behalf of the “A Day Made Better.” Here’s how –
Nominate a teacher of your choice to win this giveaway by following the entry requirements. Be sure to check out the prize and criteria!
One exceptional teacher will receive a ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR gift card to OfficeMax. This can go a long way when it comes to classroom supplies!
This is a giveaway that is meant to be given away. What does that mean? You get to nominate a teacher by sharing why this person is exceptional and deserving of this giveaway. The best part, every story told helps raise awareness in an effort to erase teacher-funded classrooms. The winning teacher will be chosen based on the following criteria, so be sure to tell us why your teacher is most deserving:
- Dedication: does everything in his/her power to deliver the best possible education for his/her students.
- Innovation: thinks outside the box and engages his/her students through creative learning activities & programs.
- Passion: expresses a genuine passion for education and shares this enthusiasm in the classroom.
- Need: demonstrates a need for essential classroom supplies.
To enter your teacher, you are required to do two things.(Note: post a separate comment for each entry.)
1. Nominate them through a blog post or on Whrrl.
Write a post on your blog.
- You can include photos, video, etc. but please stay under 400 words or 3 minutes.
- Please include these links: http://adaymadebetter.com or @adaymadebetter.
- Include a link to your post in the comments section.
Create a story on Whrrl.com.
- Go to our custom Whrrl page at http://whrrl.com/search?q=omx, click “Start A Story” and upload photos and text about why your teacher is most deserving.
- Be sure to include the #omx hashtag in the text of your story.
- Post a link to your Whrrl story in the comments section.
** Updated to make it easier! Leave a Comment Here
- Simply click on comments and nominate!
- Make sure you address the criteria !
- You must still do the 2nd requirement below and come back leave a link to it!
2. Post these messages on Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Teachers spend avg $1200 of own $$ on school supplies annually! Help erase teacher-funded classrooms. http://bit.ly/3VUNvC PLS RT #omx
- Nominate a teacher 2 win $100 in OfficeMax classroom supplies. Enter here: PLS RT #omx
- Join the “A Day Made Better” movement to end teacher-funded classrooms at http://bit.ly/UJ3LF #omx
More than 30 sites are participating in this campaign between now and Sunday, October 4. Visit http://momitforward.com for a list of all the giveaways! You may enter a different teacher on every site, but you may only win once!
Thanks so much for helping pay-it-forward to teachers in your community! Please join us on Tuesdays, September 22 and 29 from 9 to 11 pm ET for Girls Night Out (#gno) on Twitter if you’d like to meet the team behind the cause: @officemax, @adaymadebetter and @Adopt_Classroom. Hope to see you there!