Super Easy Stencil !
This craft doesn’t take long to do but if your child is like mine you’ll make multiple ones. My son loves using this roller brush I picked up for under a dollar, so I thought it would be fun to make some Halloween stencils and roll away! Also we had no black paint so we mixed all the colors we did have and made our own “almost black” paint. Don’t miss the reader submitted book reviews after the craft!
- Gather your materials. You will need some orange paper, black paint ( or the colors needed to mix some), a roller brush, container for paint, scissor, marker and paper for the stencils.
- If you need to mix the paint go for it, my son loves mixing paint so I am glad we were out of black paint , this was a highlight for him.
- Sit down and together with your child decide on some designs for your pumpkins. If your child is able have them draw the pumpkins.
- Cut them out.
- Carefully place them on the orange paper.
- Paint over them, cover the whole paper with the paint.
- Peel the stencils off and marvel and the magic !
- Let dry.
Reader Suggested Books!
“Franklin’s Halloween” by Paulette Bourgeois sent in by Trisha who says : We read it all year round. The story has a nice arc, from getting reading for Halloween to the big night itself. We especially like how worn out Franklin is by the end of the night and has to be carried home.
“Behind the Mask “by Yangsook Choi sent in by Anya who says: This is a story about a little Korean boy who is trying to figure out what to be on Halloween, and discovers he wants to be his grandfather!
“Goodnight Goon” by Michael Rex sent in also by Anya Becker who says : This book is a parody on Goodnight moon! It is really cute and my son’s all time fave right now… he makes up read it about 20 times a day!
Thank you Trisha and Anya for the book suggestions!
Do you have a Halloween book you love and would like to suggest to other readers? Send them in with a short description and I will happily add them to an upcoming post.
very cute. we will be doing this one!
.-= Beverly´s last blog ..Down Syndrome Awareness Month! =-.
ahh, love the simplicity. Thanks!
.-= becky@oursweetpeas´s last blog ..The Latest Conversations in our Home =-.