I love making something pretty out of stuff I already have. This Halloween wreath was a cinch to make and cost me nothing. Even if you have to buy the materials it’s easily under $5 ! Now that is my kind of holiday decor! As you can see below my son got involved too, although not making the craft so much as playing with it. Have fun and remember cute doesn’t always have to mean expensive!
- Gather your materials. You will need scissors, Halloween garland , some black and orange ribbon, and a cardboard round. Our cardboard came from a frozen pizza ( Thank you Mr. Newman) but any sturdy cardboard will do. I didn’t use glue but if you want to hot glue would work great.
- Start by cutting the middle of the round out.
- Tie your garland on and start wrapping. Our garland is 8 feet long. Don’t be fooled my son isn’t wrapping it, well he tried but I did the craft.
- Keep going until you are done , tie the end and tuck any left over garland. Beware of children stealing it and using your wreath as a hat.
- Add a fun bow- just loop it through and tie it right on top!
- Pop it outside and get in the spirit! Spend your extra money on more candy, cause we all know the first bag is for us!
I love it, girl! Great work. Dollar Tree, here I come! 🙂
.-= MamaHall´s last blog ..getting it right in this life =-.
I LOVE IT! I think I actually have that same garland, thanks for the great tip and project and I”m glad your lil man could help too 🙂
love this! absolutely adorable! i will definitely be picking up some garlands at the day after halloween sale and stashing them for next year’s crafts! yep, that’s how i roll… crafty AND super cheap 😉
I do the same thing!
hena tayeb says
the wreath looks great
.-= hena tayeb´s last blog ..Ties! =-.
That is so cute and looks like it wouldnt be hard to put together. I will have to give that a try.
Desiree Fawn says
Oh this is totally cooler than anything I’d think to do with that stuff — and I actually saw some at Michael’s today!
Hmmm, I’m pretty sure I’m going back tomorrow — I’ll have to pick some up since they’re having the HUGE Halloween sale!!
.-= Desiree Fawn´s last blog ..Fawned Friday =-.