Monsters have kinda taken over here at No Time For Flash Cards, first Saturday’s awesome book post by Carrie Anne now this monster craft! I can’t take credit for this, though; I again asked my son what letter he wanted to do and after shooting down his P for .. well let’s just say he is potty training, and I am sure you can guess. We settled on m for monster! Scroll down for more fun letter M activities!
- Gather your materials. You will need two pieces of construction paper, some colored foam ( or more paper would be a ok), some fun paints ( we busted out the art daubers because they dry fast), scissors, glue and a marker.
- Start your letter M activities by writing a lowercase m on one piece of construction paper.
- Have your child color / paint the m.
- While they do that cut the paper or foam into horns, teeth and eyes.
- I made the eyes because nap time was already overdue when we realized we needed to do our letter of the week, and I didn’t want to push the specifics. Normally I would have had my son do this with help instead of doing it for him. Always adjust activities to your child’s specific needs/ abilities.
- When they are done painting the m cut out.
- Add glue to back of the m
- Slam ( or gently pat) the m on the 2nd piece of paper.
- Add the teeth
- Add the eyes
- Add the horns, and let your letter M activities dry.
More Alphabet Activities To Try with Letter M Activities
Discovery Boxes (Letter M Activities)
A great way to introduce a letter of the week to your child is to fill a box with items starting with that letter.The best part about this activity is that you use things around your house, and you can use it for letters, colors, and shapes!
Letter of the Week Stories
This is a fun activity for older preschoolers; I had fun doing this with my PreK class a few years ago! What you do is write a short story leaving blanks for your child to fill in with words starting with the letter of the week. The results will make both of you giggle, and your child will be learning too!
Here is an example:
Yesterday I went walking down the street, and I found a _________, I couldn’t believe it! My mom said I couldn’t keep it. Instead, she let me go to the store and buy a _________ but there were none left! The man at the store sold me a ________ instead! I thought it smelled funny, so I went home and on the way home I found three ______. What a funny day!