Candy Cane Scrub
This is an easy make at home Christmas gift that your child can help make and have fun doing it. Salt scrubs are awesome for dry skin and exfoliating, I have followed many recipes for oil and salt ratio but found the best is to simply add the oil slowly enough that you get the consistency you want. We have many more Christmas crafts on the way.
- Gather your materials. You will need some kosher salt, vegetable oil, peppermint oil ( or extract – which contains alcohol so it can be drying, I used it but oil would be ideal) , a cleaned recycled glass jar, some material , ribbons etc.. for decorating the jar.
- Start by pouring the oil in a little at a time.
- Add more until you are at the consistency you like.
- Add your peppermint, for this large jar I added 1/2 a tablespoon. If you are using essential oil, start small it’s very potent! This step should be done by an adult!
- Scoop into your jar.
- Add some fabric and ribbon and you are done!
have you ever made home made kaluah? its an awesome gift and you jar it up alot like that…. its delicious!
Thanks! I planned on making salt or sugar scrubs for Christmas and I was looking for a recipe
.-= Paula´s last blog ..Life update 4/15/09 =-.
This is a great idea. I love homemade gifts. My daughter and I will definitely be doing this one.
.-= Michelle´s last blog ..Book Review: "Fanny" by Holly Hobbie =-.
My 4-year-old is enamoured of this post, but mostly because of the decorative fabric on the top of the jar. She wants a fancy jar to put her toys in, now. Which is fine by me, because that’s even easier. 😉
.-= Amber´s last blog ..Self-Promotion Is No Fun =-.
If you add some baking soda and citric acid to this, you’ve got foaming bath salts to soak in. Just omit the oil and combine Epsom salts, baking soda, citric acid and a little essential oil.
.-= Mama_B´s last blog .. =-.
This is a lovely idea. Is there a certain kind of vegetable oil that is ideal?
I have always just used canola oil- because it’s got not scent. Also if you are making this i would definitely use peppermint oil, the extract hasn’t iritated my skin but it does smell like a peppermint martini LOL .
Brilliant! I am SO doing this!!
.-= EntertainingMom´s last blog ..Deck the Halls with Handmade Ornaments! =-.
Angell @ Passionate and Creative Homemaking says
I featured this today on my Christmas in July Celebration (you’ll hear from me a lot this month lol….you have some good stuff on here!)