The letter u is always a challenge to find a word that your child could understand and recognize the connection to the craft, as well as figuring out how to make the craft. Today’s craft was fun to make, my son is so eager to cut things that he loved making the grass, he asked me to add some earthworms to the dirt. I think if your child is older and not too overwhelmed by a longer craft making some shoes and legs to go on the grass would be very cool!
- Gather your materials. You will need 3 pieces of construction paper ( 1 should be brown and one green the other is optional) , glue, scissors and markers.
- Start by writing a lower case u on the 3rd piece of construction paper.
- Have your child color it if they want. It’s been interesting to watch my son trace the inside first then go nuts scribbling over it.
- Cut the green paper so that it covers the top 1/5th of the brown paper.
- Hand it to your child and have then cut one side to make grass. As you can see this was the highlight for my son.
- While they do that cut the u out.
- If they want to color the brown dirt they can my son added worms and asked me to as well.
- Add glue to the top for the grass.
- Add the grass.
- Add the u to the dirt , under the grass so it’s underground!