In our house we do Open Ended Art and some have never heard of it or are not sure what it is or where to begin. Open Ended Art is simple and every kid can do it. Set up a art center in your house whether it is big or small just designate an area in your home (one that you don’t mind a mess; ours is in the kitchen so i can mop the floor if needed). Set out the supplies and keep the supplies replenished so they create when ever they want.
So how can you have Open Ended Art in your home:
1. Provide New materials weekly
2. Its ideal to leave them out so they can go to it and create whenever they want (with puffy paint that isn”™t possible! but with our other themes it will be)
3. Do Not Alter or Fix your child’s artwork (so it should look like a child did it)
4. Don”™t Ask what is this? or say Is this?
5. Is about the Process NOT the Product
6. There is no Right or Wrong way
7. Never Tell them what to create
8. Do not have a sample or model of what you want them to create
9. Let them be as independent as possible
10. Let them come up with their own ideas on how to create with the art materials provided.
Thank you Shannon and all the readers who have sent in guest post. I am so pleased by the community that No Time For Flash Cards has become and am amazed by how well you have stepped in when I needed you! Thank you !