If you are preparing for St.Patrick’s Day or just urging spring and all the green that comes with it to hurry up and come this St. Patrick’s Day sensory tub activity is a must. So fun, so earthy and a huge huge mess. Seriously skip the mung beans, they roll when you sweep.Â If you haven’t tried scooping activities with your child do, they love this and a little tub like this can lead to wonderful pretend play, basic understanding of measurement and is just plain fun!
- First, gather your materials. You will need some split peas, yellow lentils, mung beans ( if you dare… or have a drop cloth down), the green rice is called bamboo rice, some fun gold coins if you are doing a St.Patrick’s Day theme, and tools to scoop and pour.
- Next,Â pour your lentils, peas,Â and rice into your tub.
- Finally, add the gold coins and tools.
- Invite your child to play with yourÂ St. Patrick’s Day sensory tub.
- Let them go. Find the gold! Count the pieces, and then hide them again! Later, let them just explore!
- This spill was much much larger than I managed to capture on camera.Â Accidents are forgiven but pouring on the floor is not. He gets one warning then the tub goes up until later in the day when we try again.Â Still, it’s well worth it and still fun a few hours later too!
Looking for more Sensory play ideas?
Want more great ideas for preschool activities? Check out our Build Preschool Thematic Curriculum Units!