One of the most common questions I get asked by readers is ” What do you do with all the artwork?!” Which I usually answer back with ” Most gets recycled. ” which is true but with the amount we make I still have a lot that ends up on the fridge. I love using clips like this to hold artwork and thought we could make one extra pretty and wrap it up for a great handmade Mother’s Day gift. Although I would suggest this for 5 and up ( cutting foam is tricky) you could easily have the pieces pre- cut and have younger children do it successfully too. So make one of these, have your little Picasso paint a picture and send it off to Grandma for Mother’s Day.
- Gather your materials. You will need 3 or more colors of foam sheets, some clothes pins, magnetic tape, scissors, a pen and glue.
- Start by drawing your flower. Don’t worry about perfection this will be the back anyway. Cut out.
- Draw some leaves, cut out.
- Using the flower shape, trace a larger flower in a different color.
- Cut out and a middle of your flower as well.
- Layer and glue together on the clothes pin. Let dry.
- When dry glue the magnet on the other side of the clothes pin.
- Hang your beautiful artwork with your lovely artwork!
Want more Mother’s Day Crafts? Need some Mom themed book recommendations?
Our complete Mother’s Day collection of crafts and book reviews