This craft wasn’t planned at all, it was one of those ” Oh oh I have an idea!” moments, in the shower of course! I was thinking about Christmas dinner then 5 minutes later I was grabbing sequins with dripping wet hair. You could make so many variations of this craft with felt cloaks, pipe cleaner arms holding gifts… but we kept it simple today. As I write this they are sparkling on my mantle , shampoo bottles never looked so good!
- Gather your materials. You will need 3 empty clean travel size shampoo bottles, specifically Dove . Sequins, glue, sparkly sticky back foam, scissors and a paper towel.
- Start by peeling the labels off. Ours came off without leaving yuck behind.
- Add glue, spread it with your fingers.
- Add the sequins. I use a paper towel to keep the sequins on to keep them from sliding and frustrating my son. This is great fine motor practice.
- This is not – but it works too.
- While they do that cut crowns out of the foam.
- Pop them on the caps.
- Let the glue dry and screw the caps on.
- All done!
Cock-A-Doodle Christmas by Will Hillenbrand is a really unique Christmas story. A little rooster is at the center of this book, he is so little that his cock-a-doodle doesnâ€™t wake anyone up. He is very sad about his inability until that night he finds himself in the manger with Baby Jesus and finds his voice. Itâ€™s a simple book, with profound meanings. This is a great book for a Christan family or to read at Sunday school.This post contains affiliate links