This Super Bowl trophy also known as the Lombardi trophy for those in the know (my husband filled me in) was the biggest hit with my son. It’s super easy to make and the perfect center piece for a family Super Bowl party this Sunday. Oh and in true No Time For Flash Cards fashion I managed to throw in some letter recognition too !
- Gather your materials. You will need a rectangular box that will stand on it’s end, some cardboard, aluminum foil, tape, scissors and sticky back foam letters , a small sheet of sticky back foam and a marker.
- Start by drawing a football on your card board .
- Cut out. I had extra card board so I made three and taped the layers together.
- Wrap in foil. My son loved this step. Don’t mind his police dress up clothes, he is rarely not dressed up as something.
- Cut your sticky back foam into one long strip and 3 or more longer ones.
- Pop them on.
- Wrap the box in foil. I secured it with tape.
- Tape the football to the box. I taped the box flaps into an arch and taped the football to that so it is on an angle like the real one.
- Scatter foam letters on the table and have your child find XLV. We chatted about roman numerals ( clock numbers- we have a clock with roman numerals) nothing too in depth but enough to explain what they are.
- Pop them on.
- Practice your celebration!
Who are you cheering for on Sunday?
Green Bay 🙂
Steelers for sure!
wonderful! My Steeler husband and son will love this! My son is always talking about how he needs a Steeler helmet so he can play football with his dad and not get hurt. 😛 He, Like your son, is almost always dressed up.
I love this! I was just trying to think of something to do for the Superbowl.
This is great! We’re in New England so we’d rather just see the game cancelled 🙂
Melissa Brown says
Love it, Allie! I will be making one of these for the Super Bowl Party! Go Pack!
Steelers! Here we go…
Too cute!!! We need video of his dance! :<}
Janelle @ Brimful Curiosities says
That is adorable! We’re hoping the real Lombardi trophy makes its way back to Green Bay this Sunday! I just posted a fun flexagon football craft perfect for older kids.
STEELERS–we are having my daughters 2 nd b-day party and had planned tea for two but since I live and was born and raise in Pittsburgh we are going with black and gold!!! I guess it will be tea for three–
Gotta Back the PACK! We will be making one of this with my die hard 2 year old Packers fan! Go Pack Go!
I just wanted to say how much I really enjoy your website. So many great activities and ideas have come from here that we have used! Thank you so much for sharing. And by the way- we are cheering for the STEELERS most definitely!!! My husband comes from PA and so black and gold has taken over in our home! Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!