It may not technically be fall yet…but fall themed learning has taken over at our house. This Pumpkin Patch Letter Match is such a fun way to dive into a new season of learning and playing with letters. It can be easily adapted to shapes or numbers too. This is a fun circle time activity for a group of children, as well!
- Gather your materials. You will need craft paper (or the underside of wrapping paper), painter’s tape, a green marker, a permanent marker, an orange pool noodle, a bread knife, and a cutting board. I also used a canvas bag to put the pumpkins in.
2. Cut your pool noodle into 26 “pumpkins”
3. Add the lower case letters to the pool noodle pumpkins using a permanent marker. I found all other markers ran too much.
4. Put your craft paper on a table or floor and secure it with tape. Draw your pumpkin patch. I made vines, leaves… don’t forget to add your uppercase letters too! Mix them around for a challenge or put them in order. * I obviously did this first, I had to wait for someone to wrangle my little one before I could go downstairs to cut the noodle.
5. Time to play.
6. Match the lowercase letters on the pumpkin with the uppercase letters on the patch.