I can’t speak for you, but at my house, I am the “make everything awesome for special occasions” person. I bake the cakes, get the balloons, and of course, I plan the kid made gifts. Therefore, when I am the recipient, I miss out on the handmade stuff. This Mother’s Day flower gift box craft takes care of that and gets your partner or other non-crafty people off the hook, too. Your child can make you a box and while that is no surprise the gift inside still can be.
- Begin by gathering your materials. You will need some paint, glue, pom-poms (sequins would be rad), coffee filters or cupcake liners and a box with a lid.
- Start by painting your coffee liner. I am teaching my daughter colors right now. So, I line the paints up and ask her to choose which then gives me a chance to label the color. ” Which do you want? The purple paint? Nice choice!” I don’t limit or control which she chooses. It just gives me a chance to be very deliberate in labeling them.
- Choose another color when the enthusiasm wanes.
- Next, add glue to the middle. Make sure you have a drop cloth or in our case an old cutting board because the filters will let glue through.
- You can add pompoms.
- You can keep adding pompoms! At this point, it is a good place to add sequins if you have them.
- Glue to the top of the box. We didn’t have to add much to the box because there was so much seeping through.
- Finally, let the flower gift box dry.
I love this idea!! I love that the kids can create it with dad yet it’s still a surprise as to what’s inside!
Thanks for sharing!
This is so cute! Thanks for sharing! Time to get out our craft supplies 🙂