Father’s day is this Sunday but these books aren’t only relevant once a year, they are great year round. Click through the title to read a full review of each book.
- Mister Seahorse by Eric Carle
- This Is the Van That Dad Cleaned by Lisa Campbell Ernst
- Daddy and I… by Eloise Greenfield
- Daddy Hugs 1 2 3 by Karen Katz
- The Ten Best Things About My Dad by Christine Loomis
- Dad’s Bald Head by Paul Many
- Daddy’s Song by Leslea Newman
- Molly and Her Dad by Jan Ormerod
- My Daddy by Susan Paradis
- Me and My Dad by Alison Ritchie
- Father’s Day by Anne and Lizzy Rockwell
- Daddy Hug by Tim Warnes
- Piglet and Papa by Margaret Wild
- Dad, Jackie and Me by Myron Ulberg
- A Father Like That by Charlotte Zolotow
Fantastic list! I would add My Father the Dog by Elizabeth Bluemle.
pececito arcoiris says
I also recomend “Mon papa, il est grand, il est fort… mais” by Coralie Saudo & Kris Di Giacomo. There is an spanish version, “Mi papÃ¡”, I don’t know if there is an english one.
This is the author’s page about the book: http://www.coraliesaudo.com/livres-coralie-saudo/coralie-saudo-24.html
Hope you like it!
The Daddy Mountain by Jules Fieffer? I believe… is loved by all my students every year 🙂
Melanie @ Raise A Boy says
My son loves Kisses for Daddy by Frances Watts. We’ll have to check out a few of the other ones.
Sleeping Should Be Easy says
Oh, awesome! I just added a bunch to my library reading list. Thank you.
Mud Hut Mama says
Great list! We also like Papa, Do You Love Me? by Barbara M. Joosse.