This is a great spin on the classic pasta necklace, it uses either toilet paper or paper towel rolls which are big enough to pose no choking hazard and easier for little hands to thread onto the ribbon. Still any time anything goes around your child’s neck you must stay within arm’s reach!
- Gather your materials. You will need 1 paper towel or 2 toilet paper rolls, some markers , sparkle paint, scissors and ribbon.
- Start by decorating your rolls with markers.
- Use multiple colors and keep going and going until your child announces they are done, this may be 30 seconds or 10 minutes, depending on the day. Don’t worry that’s normal for little ones.
- Add the glitter- I am using glitter paint, but glue and glitter would work too, just make sure it’s completely dry before the next step.
- Cut the rolls into small rings.
- Before you start threading the rings onto your ribbon , make a bog loop that the rings can’t slip over so when your child is threading them on they don’t slip off. If your ribbon is too small for this step grab some tape and tape one end to your table instead.
- Start threading. Now for toddlers this could be frustrating so you may need to help them, I had to show my son a few times and then he had fun putting the rings on and off by himself.
- The tricky part was convincing him to put it on.