I love popsicle stick crafts and I made this craft for the first time while sick with mono in 1994, I was couch bound and bored to tears, and my sister needed coasters for her college dorm room. So since all I ate for 6 weeks were popsicles I made the coasters out of the sticks. She still has them 14 years later
- Gather your materials. You will need many popsicle sticks, markers, glue, a paint brush , small dish and some water.
- Start by using the markers to color half of the popsicle sticks. Permanent markers will work the best, but you can use regular ones and seal it later.
- Lay out the other half on a scrap piece of paper.
- Cover it with glue.
- Lay out your colored sticks on top going in the opposite direction.
- Let dry.
- Mix glue and water together to make a seal, you can also buy craft sealer at a art supply store but , I am way too lazy to drive 20 minutes just for that! I did 4-5 easy coats, applied after the previous was dry. If you are not using permanent markers your colors will run when you brush the glue glaze on it. I liked the effect! I haven’t had any color running since the seal but I would test it out on a washable surface first!
- Let it all dry and make some coffee!