Well I tried, I failed but the important part is that I tried. While at the store I had a “Brilliant” idea for ghost cookies. You can see that the idea and the reality didn’t quite match up. I still decided to post the activity hoping to inspire some truly brilliant ideas !
- Gather your materials. You will need some sugar cookie dough, candy corn ( although black jelly bellys would have been way better) , parchment paper, white sprinkles.
- Shape your cookie dough into ghost shapes. This was my first mistake, I should have used a cookie cutter, but live and learn. If you are going to shape them remember they will spread when they cook ( oops forgot that too!).
- Add white or clear sparkly sprinkles.
- Add some candy corn for eyes- so here was my next mistake, I should have waited until the cookies were done baking , although the melted candy looks sorta spooky, so a black candy would be cool all melted.
- Bake. I had to take the blob like half baked cookies out and shape them with a spatula and although I thought they were ruined at first, they actually looked spooky all wrinkly. So if you are going for cute- don’t use my directions , however I think I achieved a spooky ghost cookie. Wasn’t exactly my intention but they taste great!