- Gather your materials. You will need paper towels, markers, and contact paper. Oh and if you have them pinking shears or other shaped scissors make a great detail .
- Give your child a section of paper towel. What I love about this is I am the world’s worst straight line cutter, the paper towels are perfectly cut already.
- If your child is old enough to “get it” show them how if they leave the marker on the paper towel it absorbs the ink and makes a bigger mark.
- Cut the contact paper to size before peeling the backing off, then peel only half and add the place mat face down.
- Cover and press. Trim the edges with pinking shears if you have them.
- Now you are ready for the toddler spills at Thanksgiving dinner !
I am off to the library today, my home library is sorely short on Thanksgiving books, I will be finding some as well as a new batch of counting books to review!