We’ve been doing a lot of crafts and young children need to have free art time to create, as well a variety of sensory experiences to discover new things, so this was the perfect answer! Also the ice cubes don’t melt very fast so we were able to pack them up to use for another day!
- Gather your materials. You will need an ice cube tray, some paint, water, a few paper towels, paper and a pan.
- Start the night before and put some paint in the ice cube tray. Add water and freeze.
- In the morning or after , pop the ice cubes out and let soften for about 5 minutes.
- Line your pan with a layer of paper towel add a piece of paper .
- Start painting ! While painting ask about how it feels, see if they will hold the cubes long enough to make a few drips of water etc… there is no wrong way to do this.