It’s been a while since we’ve made a crown, it’s such a great craft to do because it’s easy, fun and can be used for imaginative play after wards! Grocery bags are perfect too because they are long enough when cut open , so there is no need to staple two pieces of paper together.
- Gather your materials. You will need a brown grocery bag, some markers, scissors, tape and valentines stickers. I am using sticker since they are toddler friendly- you can use paper shapes and glue too but my little man wanted to play before nap time so stickers it was!
- Cut the bag open so it’s long, and draw a line with hearts for the crown. Make sure to make it longer than needed , it will make the crown sturdier if there it extra.
- Invite your child to come and use markers ( paint or crayons work too) to color their crown.
- When they are done bring out the stickers, I hide them until the first step is done so that my son doesn’t sit there begging for them while he is coloring.
- Peel and stick!
- Cut out the crown.
- Measure the crown on your child’s head and tape. I prefer tape or staples because it’s instant and we play right away!