I was going to do President P for President’s Day but my son associates Obama with O and when we started talking about President he kept saying O , Obama. So I switched gears saved the cut out pictures of President Obama for another day and grabbed some pennies.
- Gather your materials. You will need some cardboard, markers, glue, scissors and pennies!
- Start by drawing a P on your cardboard.
- Have your child decorate the P with markers or crayons, I would stay away from paint because you want the cardboard as dry as possible so it is strong for the pennies.
- Add the glue. The more the better so this is a great time to let your child have free reign . I showed my son where to glue then counted to 5 while he squeezed to get big dollops.
- Add your pennies. We had a little chat about who that is on the penny, and counted them. Let dry.
- Cut out the P .
There are a lot of President’s Day books out there but most are boring and lifeless, which bothers the historian in me, there are so many exciting things to teach about history but luckily I found this one.