Cinnamon Heart Bark – Valentine’s Day Treat

heartbarkI made peppermint bark at Christmas and was amazed at how easy and tasty it was, so while at the grocery store I thought why not try with cinnamon hearts? Here are the results!

1. Gather your materials. You will need a package of chocolate chips, I used milk but semi sweet or dark would have been a nice balance. A package of white chocolate chips, some cinnamon hearts or candies ( can you believe no one in my town had hearts?) , a ziploc , a pan lined with wax paper , some butter and a hammer.
  2. Put the cinnamon candies in the ziploc and hammer them into little pieces, if I had had hearts I would have crushed 1/2 and kept the other half whole.
  3. Melt your chocolate chips – I always use my microwave but they recommend a double boiler for better results. I pop in about 1/2 a tablespoon of butter to help make the chocolate spread easier.
  4. Spread the chocolate in the pan- pop in the freezer for a few minutes to help it set.
  5. Repeat the process with your white chocolate but add the crushed candies before putting it all in the freezer.
  6. When it’s set break into pieces!
Enjoy !

Comments

1. jk says

This bark looks wonderful! I can’t wait to try your heart bouquet idea and your boat shape collage idea as well. What would I do without your blog??!! Love it!!

2. Pink & Green Mama says

Yummy! I can’t wait to try this one, thanks so much for sharing. Love your Eric Carle Collage post as well! : )

3. frillsfluffandtrucks says

Central has ‘em! :) The hearts are in the bulk foods section with the Valentine candy…I just bought some tonight! :)

~ Sarah

Sarah – That is where I was and they had none, I guess I was too early. I need to stay clear of the bulk candy :) I love their holiday mixes, my downfall for sure!

Am wondering if you could let me know the amount of peppermint you used in your peppermint bark. I was going to copy it, and didn’t. Thank you.

Ooh, this sounds really good! I love peppermint bark and also love cinnamon. Never thought of putting them together. Can’t wait to try this. Thank you!

Just curious — the white chocolate looks thicker than the brown chocolate in your last photo. Did you double the amount of white chocolate? It all looks so good!

This was a while ago but I think the chocolate just wasn’t spread as evenly and so some pieces were thicker with milk , some with white. I do know that we ate it all ( with the help of my sister) in about 2 hours!