Green Grass G !
When I think of spring I think of the flowers and the grass peaking from the snow, for the letter of the week we are going green and celebrating spring !
- Gather your materials. You will need 2 pieces of construction paper, some green markers or crayons, green Easter grass , glue and scissors.
- Start by drawing a large upper case G
- Have your child color the G with the green markers.
- Next add the glue !
- Add the grass- I pulled some of the grass apart to make it easier for my son to glue it on.
- Keep going until it’s covered. Let dry
- Cut out the G and glue it onto the 2nd piece of paper.
I was really surprised by how much my son loved this, I thought he would enjoy it but we ended up playing with the grass for a long time after the craft, and I am trying to think up ways to using it later in the week!
“Stanley Mows The Lawn” by Craig Frazier is such a visually stunning book, I love the color green and my eyes were in heaven looking at page after page of the different hues, perspectives and uniquely Frazier illustrations. The story holds up well too it’s simple but effective. My son loved Hank the snake who inspires Stanley to mow the lawn in a new and creative way and begged for more as soon as I closed the book!