The seasons are changing and here at No Time For Flash Cards we are celebrating longer days, warmer weather and the pretty colors spring brings all week long. I hope you join us , we have some awesome activities coming including a giveaway so stay tuned! This nest is not a kiddie project but older children 4 and up will love it .
- Gather your materials. You will need a balloon, barely inflated, some brown yarn, scissors, a dish, white glue and some blue malt ball candies.
- Cut our yarn into 4 inch strands. In all I had about 25 strands.
- Dip into the glue
- Place it on the balloon. I like doing it on the tied end because when you are done you can clip it to a hanger by the tie to let it dry. You want it to be random and only part way up the balloon.
- Keep going. Criss cross all over, layer it, zig zag etc… Oh and yes this is very messy, but worth it.
- Let dry for at least 24 hours. You can hang it to dry by clipping it to a wire hanger, or you can also place it in a bowl or glass just be careful not to let the yarn touch the dish , it may stick to it.
- Pop the balloon and throw the balloon away- please please be careful with latex balloons and little kids , it’s terrifying what can happen when the two mix.
- Add your “eggs” and enjoy.
What I love so much about this isn’t just the aesthetics but many people don’t celebrate Easter and this is a way of making a fun springtime treat using the candies that are EVERYWHERE this time of year.